Ceramic and Porcelain
- Remember that while ceramic tile is very durable, it’s not indestructible and may crack or chip under extreme force.
- Immediately wipe up spills or wet feet with a cloth or sponge before the grout can stain.
- Take the proper precautions when moving heavy objects across a ceramic tile floor.
- Cover furniture and table legs with protectors to guard your floor against scratching.
- Remember that if a repair is necessary, the replacement product may be a slightly different dye lot and/or texture than the original tile, however, with time and usage, the replacement tile will blend in with its neighbors.
- Use soap-based detergents or "mop and shine" products, which may leave a dull film.
- Use abrasive cleaners or steel wool, which can leave scratches.
- Use bleach or ammonia-based cleaners — these products can discolor your grout if used too often.